When you think of good Wi-Fi, you think of reliability, speed, and consistency. When you think of a good router, you think Nighthawk – Netgear’s premium devices, guaranteed to deliver the best.
Today we have for you a comparison of the Netgear Nighthawk X6 and X8, which not only look really cool but pack a punch, each at an affordable price point. Let’s get right to it.
Netgear Nighthawk X6 vs X8: Detailed Comparison
Netgear Nighthawk X6:
Voted Amazon’s choice, this router looks like a spider that’s crawled straight out of the Horizon series. Here are some of the X6’s features:
- Lossless legend: The X6 is built for heavy-duty streaming, we’re talking up to 3200MBps activities like online gaming or seamless streaming in 4K. If gaming or movies is your thing, the X6 has got your back!
- Intelligent and compatible: How many devices can your current router support? 5, right? Well, the X6 can take on up to 50, thanks to its intelligent consumption calculation. It automatically detects usage and shifts devices onto three different bands, so forget about that dip when your elder brother is downloading the new Call of Duty to his PlayStation
- Got your back: Netgear is providing users with a state-of-the-art anti-virus, anti-malware, and data theft protection software called Netgear Armor, so you don’t really have to worry about installing all those antiviruses and bogging down your devices.
- Safety first: Netgear’s new Circle parental lock app helps you filter websites as well as draw up screen time limits, making for a safer and healthier experience for all.
Netgear Nighthawk X8
Netgear’s motto with the X8 is ‘the next wave in Wi-Fi’, and they’ve translated this with the wavy design on the router, giving it a futuristic look. This is one of the most powerful routers money can buy! Let’s explore in a little more detail:
- Absolute powerhouse: When you throw in computer-level specs in a router, you know it’ll be a treat. The X8 boasts a 1.4GHz processor, capable of handling speeds up to Gbps. Impressed? There’s more.
- Double up: With 6 LAN ports with Gigabit Ethernet connectivity each, the X8 is ready to take on the biggest streaming sessions. 2 of those ports can be used in aggregate.
- Walk the walk: The skyscraper-looking antennae aren’t just for show. All 4 help amplify Wi-Fi signals and actively enhance connection strength.
- Ease of use: The Nighthawk app can be installed on your phone and used to check up on your device status and connections.
|Netgear X6||Netgear X8|
|6 Active Antennae||4 Active Antennae|
|Up to 3500 square feet||Indoors only|
|1 GHz dual core processor||1.4 GHz dual core processor|
|4 high speed ports||6 high speed ports|
|Armor & Circle App||Mobile app|
In summation, although both these devices are chock-full of industry-leading specs, we recommend the X6 for its practical and truly unparalleled features.